Bring out the cocktails!
We all knew those little umbrellas were good for something! If you haven’t heard, today is National Piña Colada Day! This is probably the greatest news we’ve heard all week and it’s only Monday.
The Piña Colada, born in Puerto Rico in the 1950s, is Caribbean classic that blends pineapple, rum, and coconut cream. Similar to a delicious frosty, the drink is a sweet concoction of islandy-goodness. To say it’s simply tasty is an understatement.
Planning on whipping up a few of these babies tonight? Here’s a good recipe to follow!
Fill blender halfway with ice cubes. Add rum, coconut cream, coconut milk and pineapple chunks. Puree.
Serve, garnished with a slice of pineapple and maraschino cherry, if desired.
- This signature drink brings you back to those fun times on the beach. Essentially, it’s a vacation in a glass. Imagine kicking back on an island, just you, the sounds of the blue waves and a cool Piña Colada in hand! There’s nothing better!
- It’s tropical in nature. Hello, warm weather, fruity taste! What more could you want?
- You can drink it without alcohol, too! Either way, it’s scrumptious and refreshing!
- The Colada can easily take you to a carefree world where worries don’t exist. You’ll instantly go into relax mode.
- It’s the perfect drink for the sweet tooth.
Sarah Francis is a half-Palestinian journalism junkie, a proud Charlotte, NC native with an oversized sweet tooth, and an active world traveler. Ask her where she’s headed next. (@Sarah_Francis25)