Would You Believe This is Georgia’s Most Favorite Fast Food Restaurant
According to Zippa, the United States has 201,865 fast-food restaurant businesses as of 2023. When it comes to the United States’ favorite fast food restaurant, Georgia has its favorite picked out.
Can you guess it? if you said Chick-fil-A you are correct!
Not only is this the state’s favorite, but its headquarters are located in the capital of Atlanta, Georgia. That is also where it was founded.
Chick-fil-A is also a top contender in the most popular fast food chains in the whole United States. It comes in at number 3, making $16.7 billion in nationwide sales, according to eatpallet.com. Coming in at number 2 is Starbucks, with $24.3 billion in sales nationwide. McDonald’s, the face of fast food, takes the #1 spot with $46 billion in nationwide sales.
Alabama, Mississippi, and North Carolina residents are also top fans of Chick-Fil-A making it the number one fast-food restaurant in those states.
The first Chick-fil-A opened right here in Georgia, in Atlanta’s Greenbriar Shopping Center. That Chick-fil-A location has since closed its doors after 56 years.
Locally we haven’t seen any Chick-Fil-A’s closing down, but we have had some new ones pop up.
Darasha’s Chick-Fil-A Pick:
I love Chick-Fil-A as much as the next Georgian. I thought i’d share my go to meal.
- Meal: Chick-fil-A Chick-N-Strips meal with a medium fry.
- Drink: For my drink I do a interesting combo – which is fruit punch and lemonade mixed. Honestly, the mix is either a hit or miss for me, because I am not a fan of their lemonade. So, if too much lemonade is in the mix it becomes unproportioned.
- Sauces: Cant forget the sauces! I like to have barbeque and Polynesian sauce strictly for my strips. I am also very particular about the combination of my sauce. I pour about half of the barbeque sauce into the Polynesian container and then I pour about half of the Polynesian back into the the Barbeque container. Yes, I still dip my tenders in both containers even thought hey are mixed.
- Seasonal Choice: During the cold months, I get the Chicken Tortilla Soup. They only add that to their menu for a limited time.
– This is not a sponsored review or ad –