More alleged abuse victims have come forward regarding actor Jonathan Majors according to a Wednesday (April 21) report from Variety. According to the publication, more alleged abuse victims have begun cooperating with the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office. This could turn into much more than a P.R. disaster for the star, who recently played Kang in Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania, and is set to reprise the role in several other Marvel projects. His team maintains his innocence.
“Jonathan Majors is innocent and has not abused anyone. We have provided irrefutable evidence to the District Attorney that the charges are false. We are confident that he will be fully exonerated,” said Majors’ attorney Priya Chaudhry in a statement.
Chaudhry added at the time that the “evidence includes video footage from the vehicle where this episode took place, witness testimony from the driver and others who both saw and heard the episode and most importantly, two written statements from the woman recanting these allegations.”
On March 25, Majors was arrested on charges of strangulation, assault, and harassment. At the time, an NYPD spokesperson said that a 30-year-old woman had been assaulted by the actor. She reportedly “sustained minor injuries to her head and neck and was removed to an area hospital in stable condition.”
Chaudhry’s husband, Andrew Bourke, is serving as Majors’ crisis publicist. Bourke released text messages between Majors and the alleged victim where the woman seemingly took the blame for the incident.
“I told them it was my fault for trying to grab your phone,” the woman allegedly wrote adding that she told police “this was not an attack.” She allegedly added, “Please let me know you’re okay when you get this. They assured me that you won’t be charged. They said they had to arrest you as protocol when they saw the injuries on me and they knew we had a fight. I’m so angry that they did. And I’m sorry you’re in this position. Will make sure nothing happens about this. … I love you.”
A few hours later, the woman allegedly wrote, “I know you have the best team and there’s nothing to worry about I just want you to know that I’m doing all I can my end. I also said to tell the judge to know that the origin of the  call was to do with me collapsing and passing out and your worry as my partner due to our communication prior.”
In addition to the alleged text messages between Majors and the unidentified woman, screenshots of security footage per TMZ show the woman freely using the hand that she claims Majors injured.
When the woman got back from the club, Majors reportedly found her in his apartment “unconscious and half naked on the floor of his walk-in closet.”
The woman allegedly threw up in his bed and took “sleeping tablets.” Majors then called 911. When paramedics arrived and asked the woman what happened to her, she repeatedly said, “I don’t know.”
In the case filing obtained by the outlet, Chaudhry claims body cam footage shows police interviewing the woman. Chaudhry suspects that an officer was “clearly coaching her to say that Mr. Majors grabbed her by the throat.” She claims the alleged victim “never made that claim to anyone prior to the officer’s direction.”
Majors is expected to appear before a judge on May 8.
The Best Hip-Hop and R&B Songs Of March 2023