Please check back frequently for updates on cancellations due to precautions surrounding COVID-19 in the CSRA. Please visit our homepage to find more information on the virus outbreak.
The number of Coronavirus cases in the CSRA as of April 1, 2020:
Total of 4,117 confirmed cases in Georgia & total 1,083 confirmed cases in South Carolina.
The CSRA is reporting 88 positive cases: 40 in Richmond County; 24 in Columbia County; 8 in Burke County; 4 in Lincoln County; 3 in McDuffie County; 3 in Warren County; 4 in Aiken County; and 2 in Edgefield County.
Richmond County: More Info
Aiken County: More Info
- The Columbia County School District Food Distribution: READ HERE
- Richmond County School System comments on prom: READ HERE
- Augusta University: Information regarding student refunds: READ HERE
- Georgia Schools to remain closed until April 27th: READ HERE
- South Carolina Schools to remain closed through April: READ HERE
- Richmond County School System Drive Through Drive Meal Program: READ HERE
- Columbia County School Closure Feeding Drive Through Sites & Meal Distribution: Grovetown Elementary, Grovetown Middle, North Harlem Elementary, Martinez Elementary, Parkway Elementary, South Columbia Elementary and Lakeside High. Grab & Go Sack Meals for lunch and the next day breakfast for any students 18 & under. Starts Monday March 23rd- April 3rd. Serving time: 11:00a.m. -1:00p.m.
Community support groups will be available to feed families while the CCSD is closed for Spring Break, April 6-13. CCSD will resume meal distribution operations Wednesday, April 15 and operate on a modified Monday, Wednesday, Friday schedule for the remainder of the shutdown. MORE INFO
- The University of Georgia and Georgia Southern: Canceled spring commencement ceremonies
- Georgia Universities: All University System of Georgia Schools, including Augusta University, will switch to online classes for the remainder of the semester.
- Edgefield County Schools: Please check the county’s announcement on meals, school work, and other information on the following link: Edgefield County School Information
- Lincoln County Schools: Closed for 2 weeks starting, March 17.
- Burke County Schools: will be closed March 19 through April 14: MORE INFORMATION HERE
- Columbia County Schools: UPDATED**CLOSING MARCH 18-APRIL 13
- Richmond County Schools: Richmond County School System to Close due to Coronavirus Precautions
- GEORGIA REGENTS UNIVERSITY: All classes, including Augusta University, have been cancelled until further notice.
- McDuffie County Schools: Closed until further notice.
- Aiken County: Schools have temporarily suspended all athletic competitions. Teams will be allowed to practice as school officials monitor developments in the coronavirus health scare.
- Warren County Schools: Closed until further notice.
- Richmond County Athletics: All athletic events at Richmond County schools are postponed until further notice. Public hearings, kindergarten round-up and hiring events are also put off until further notice.
- SAIL school in Columbia County: Closed until further notice.
- Augusta Prep: Closed until further notice
RESTAURANTS/GROCERY STORE INFORMATION:
- Grocery Store Updates:
Walmart, Kroger and Publix stores all have adjusted store hours until further notice for cleaning and sanitizing.
Kroger: stores will be open 7 a.m. until 9 p.m.;
Publix: stores will close daily at 8 p.m.;
Walmart: stores will be open from 6 a.m. until 11 p.m.
until further notice.
- SC RESTAURANTS CLOSING IN-HOUSE DINING: LEARN MORE HERE
LOCAL BUSINESS CLOSINGS/OTHER INFORMATION:
- Augusta Shutdown of Nonessential Business/Gatherings: READ MORE HERE
- Savannah River campgrounds: Restricted use: ALL INFORMATION HERE
- Golden Harvest Food Bank: Mobile Market Food Distribution: UPDATED 3/21/2020
Georgia Residents: INFORMATION HERE
- Columbia County Parks, Offices, Facilities Update: LEARN MORE HERE
- Lucy Craft Laney Museum of Black History: Closed Until Mid-April-Please visit our facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/LaneyMuseum/ for an upcoming digital tour of the Museum’s current Women’s Exhibition. Several images will be posted each week for our virtual visitors to enjoy.
- Columbia County Senior Center: Closed starting Monday, March 6th, until further notice. During the closure the building will be thoroughly sanitized. Columbia County Public Transit and the Senior Center will continue to provide meals those who currently receive the service
EVENTS/STATE INFO INFORMATION:
- Paceline Ride: POSTPONED: READ MORE
- Drive, Chip, and Putt: CANCELLED: READ MORE
- The Masters Tournament, the Augusta National Women’s Amateur and the Drive, Chip and Putt National Finals: Postponed CLICK HERE FOR THE LETTER FROM THE AUGUSTA NATIONAL CHAIRMAN
- Georgia: Governor Brian P. Kemp joined the American Red Cross in encouraging Georgians to donate blood as federal, state, and local officials work to address the effects of the novel coronavirus and COVID-19 READ HERE
- Fort Gordon COVID-19 Precautionary Measures: READ HERE
- Augusta University Health: Pre-Scheduled Drive-Through COVID-19 Check
- Georgia DOL Job Fair Cancellations: LEARN MORE HERE
- State of Georgia: Gov. Brian Kemp most recent updates: LEARN MORE HERE
- The Salvation Army Response to COVID19: MORE INFORMATION HERE
- Augusta University: Augusta University closes certain entrances and continues to observe modified family presence to limit potential exposure of Corona Virus. MORE INFORMATION HERE
- Presumptive positive cases at Augusta University Health System: MORE INFORMATION HERE
- A Message from the Columbia County Tax Commissioner: Read Message Here
- Boys and Girls Club: Boys & Girls Clubs to Close Temporarily, Will Offer Dinner to Club Members During Closings: More Info Here
- South Carolina March and April Elections: Postponed: more info here: 2020-03-15-March-April-Elections-Postponed
- Drive Fore Show, Rock Fore Dough: Postponed and will be rescheduled at a later date.
- City of Grovetown: Officials have postponed the next municipal court calendar scheduled for March 24th in the city of Grovetown. Cases will be rescheduled.
- Jury trials: Jury trials in the Augusta Judicial Circuit which includes Richmond, Burke and Columbia counties have been suspended for the next month. The suspension was ordered by Chief Judge Carl Brown and includes grand jury sessions as well. Legal deadlines related to pending cases that fall within the 30 – day period have also been suspended.
- 2020 Mayor’s Masters Reception: April 6th Cancelled