Would you be okay with something other than turkey on Thanksgiving? A new poll claims almost TWO-THIRDS of us would be fine with that. We’re not sure how accurate it is though, because Hardee’s sponsored it in connection with a new “Thanksgiving in a Box” meal they’re testing out in Jacksonville, Florida this year. It comes with stuffing-crusted CHICKEN tenders, not turkey.
That said, there are a few other stats we found interesting . . .
1. 26% of people said they’d like to see alternate food options on the table this year.
2. 30% have already had something besides turkey as the main dish on Thanksgiving.
3. The most overrated Thanksgiving foods are cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes, green beans, macaroni & cheese, and turkey. 24% said turkey is overrated.
4. The most common ways we break tradition are by serving something other than turkey . . . going out to eat . . . and skipping it altogether to go on vacation.
5. 28% also said they get bored eating the same thing every year. And 25% think doing a full Thanksgiving dinner is just too stressful.